AMOB UK’s tube bender becomes one of the first machines to furnish a brand new traffic–product venture in the UK.
When starting a new business, placing your first key investments in the right company is paramount. Considerations not only need to be made for the viability of the machine to perform your applications, but also assurances in your confidence in the company itself. You must be vigilant to invest in a company that is able to support your new project both initially and in the long term.
Following its recent install, a brand-new mandrel bending machine has taken pride of place in an equally new building, marking the foundations of a company set to break the monopoly of the market they are entering. This new start up company shares a lot of qualities with AMOB, not least the ambition to do things differently than its competitors, and always striving to not only out-perform its peers, but also to improve on itself daily.
As a result, with this new CH-120-CN2 mandrel bender, our new friends and partners are now able to bend 114.3mm OD tube with an 8.6mm wall thickness, with an Y and Z accuracy of ±0.1°. As an NC2 model, the machine is also equipped with NC controls on two axes, leaving only the carriage travel manually controlled by in-house operators.
Levels of automation in AMOB mandrel benders:
Ø CN1 models control only the bend angle of the tube via CNC automation. Operators of this machine are required to rotate and position the tube between bends, if necessary.
Ø CN2 models include CNC bend angle operation and CNC tube rotation. Operators of these machines are only required to position the tube between bends, if necessary.
Ø Fully CNC models control the bend angle, tube rotation, and the positioning of the tube. Operators of these machines run all steps with a single push of a button to produce a complete multi-bend part.
Mandrel Bending Machine
In addition to superior NC controlled accuracy, a hydraulic mandrel extractor, hydraulic pressure die, hydraulic pressure die assist, and former die withdrawing system are all standard features of the CH-120-CN2 bender.
While working together to get this project over the line, AMOB were able to prove the application with the customers own material samples, shipping it to and returning it from the factory to further secure the trust of the customer.
AMOB are proud to be part of the foundations of this new manufacturing facility. We are also proud to be considered fundamental to the success of the venture. AMOB will continue provide effective and reliable support for the longevity of this new venture. We are excited for all that is on the horizon!
Mandrel Bending Machine CH-120-CN2 specification, at a glance:
- Hydraulic Mandrel Bender
- Maximum Capacity: 114.3mm OD x 8.6mm WT
- Y axis accuracy: +/- 0.1 degrees
- Z axis accuracy: +/- 0.1 degrees
- Maximum Bending Radius: 340mm
- Useful Length: 4000mm
- 2 Axis NC controlled
- 1 Axis Manual
- Hydraulic Mandrel Extractor as Standard
- Hydraulic Pressure Die as Standard
- Former Die Withdrawing System as Standard
- Hydraulic Pressure Die Assist as Standard
Customer requirements, at a glance:
- To bend 114.3×3.2mm pre-galvanized tubes (Grade: S355J2H, EN10219)
- Wall thickness tolerances: 3.20mm (-0.00 mm / +0.32 mm)
- Outside diameter tolerance: 114.30 +/- 0.50 mm
- Max. Internal weld seam height: 0.80 mm
- 250mm CLR (centerline radius)
- Comprehensive tooling setup, including former die, clamp die, wiper die, pressure die, mandrel, collet, and mandrel rod
- Delivery included
- Offload included
- Installation and commission included
- Full operator training by AMOB UK’s dedicated service and start up team